James Part 4 - Is your faith alive?
Scripture: James 2:14–26
Example 1: A person in need
- Verbal blessing is a curse
- No love of neighbor - neither clarity nor compassion
Example 2: Invisible faith
- The faith you have will be seen
- Proper doctrine is not faith
- Facts - Conviction - Willingness
Example 3: Abraham
- Faith was active with his works
- Faith was completed by his works
Example 4: Rahab
- Her confession and action were congruent (Joshua 2)
- Her life was imperfect but in process
- How can he say this?
- Faith and works are found together, with the latter proving the existence, nature, and validity of the former
- Why did he say this?
- There is a faith that you claim and a faith that claims you
- Ours is a living faith because we have faith in a living Messiah