James Part 9 - The Solidity of Integrity
Scripture: James 5:1–12
Integrity in Finances
- Prophetic Tone is prediction and diagnosis (v. 1-3)
- Injustice in finances (v. 4)
- Indulgence in finances (v. 5)
- Indifference in finances (v. 6)
How do I live with integrity?
- Whose is it?
- Practice Generosity (Eph 4:28)
- Pay what is owed
- Don't do stupid stuff
Integrity in Waiting
- Wait like the farmer (v. 7-8)
- Wait because the Lord is near (v. 8)
- Wait because the Lord is listening (v. 9)
- Wait because others waited (v. 10)
How do I wait with integrity?
- Put your doubts and frustrations in God's hands
- Focus on the God you know, not the activity you don't understand
- Identify and take the next step
Integrity in Communication
- Verbal manipulation is normal but not good
- Dishonors the hearers
- Devalues what we swear by
How do I communication with integrity?
- Is your yes a yes and your no a no?
- Is your communication a conduit of grace?