Part 3 - Framing a Decision
- Guides us via transformation
- Guides us via principles
- Guides us via discernment of motives
- Guides us via specific application
- Guides us via our conversation with God
- Quality: what is the level of authority?
- Spirit: is it honorable, pure, just?
- Content: does it reflect what the Bible says?
- Guides us via external input into our thought process
- Community: friends who love you
- Authority: leaders responsible for you
- History: family who have lived with you
- Guides us via our unique purpose in the Kingdom (Calling -> Context)
- May have to step back or get others' help to see it
- Passions - what burns in your heart?
- Experiences - what have you seen, done, or endured?
- Gifts - how has God empowered you?
- Strengths - how has God made you?
When we frame our decision with wisdom, we have freedom to pursue our desires.
Our part is to be still enough to hear God speak and walk with Him through the decision like we walked with Him to the decision.